Summer 2016 – Notice What’s Already There 1 with Tracy Burns (S16-09-2329_
Notice What’s Already There: Improv Made Easy
Bayfront Theater, San Francisco
11am-4pm on Thursday, September 1st, with a half hour lunch break
Class size: 12 students maximum
Class length: 4.5 hours total of instruction
Prerequisite: Completed Foundation 2 and ready for Foundation 3 and above.
As improvisers, we talk a lot about “being in the moment,” but most of the time we’re so busy looking for “offers” (or coming up with our own ideas) that we don’t notice what’s happening right in front of us. In this one-day intensive, Tracy will give you tools and techniques to focus your attention that will not only keep you in the moment but will help you play with wild abandon and connect to what truly inspires you most. Your scenes will become effortless, playful and more often than not, hilariously surprising. Whether you’re a seasoned improviser or relatively new, scene work has never been this easy!
In this class students will explore:
- Letting go of the “rules” of improv
- Broadening your curiosity
- Replacing Invention with Discovery
- Expanding your idea of what constitutes a “good” scene
- Building trust in yourself even if you don’t trust your scene partner
- Having a strong point of view
- Understanding that scenes happen whether or not you create them
- Going nuts, having fun and surprising yourself!
Please wear comfortable clothing and soft-soled shoes.
**Register before June 1st to take advantage of our early registration rate (NON-REFUNDABLE) of $95. After June 1st class price increases to $115.**