Online: Foundation 2 with Brian Lohmann
Tuesdays, 6:00pm – 8:00pm PST
November 8 – December 27
Class Time/Dates: Tuesdays 6:00pm – 8:00pm PST, November 8, 15, 22, 29, December 6, 13, 20, 27
Class size: 12 students maximum
Class length: 2 hours (16 hours total)
Prerequisites: Foundation 1
**Please email email@example.com for eligibility and access questions.
Foundation 2 moves further down the path to fully improvised scenes and stories by putting the mindsets from Foundation 1 into a scene structure while staying present physically in the moment and with your partner.
In F2 you will learn how to:
- Put the building blocks of improvised worlds together and learn the skills that will enable you to create in a relaxed state of play.
- Improvise from a grounded physical state that will be your touchstone when you don’t know what to say.
- See and respond to what is already present, allowing you access to the creative part of your mind that intuitively knows what comes next.
- Inhabit character and story throughout the body while creating fully realized environments out of thin air.
- Identify the basic information of the scene. Who are these characters, how do they know each other, where are they and why are they there?
At the end of Foundation 2, the coach will make a recommendation for each student about what the next step is best — repeating F2 to strengthen the improviser’s physical awareness or moving to F3: Character & Relationship.