In-Person: Foundation 2 in Palo Alto with Derek Yee Wednesdays, 7:00 – 10:00 pm PST
January 18th – February 22nd
Cubberley Community Center
Class Time/Dates: 7:00pm-10:00pm PST on Wednesdays// January 18, 25, February 1, 8, 15, 22
Class size: 16 students maximum
Class length: 3 hours (18 hours total instruction)
Prerequisites: Foundation 1
**Email firstname.lastname@example.org for eligibility code and other access questions**
In F2 you will learn how to:
- Put the building blocks of improvised worlds together and learn the skills that will enable you to create in a relaxed state of play.
- Improvise from a grounded physical state that will be your touchstone when you don’t know what to say.
- See and respond to what is already present, allowing you access to the creative part of your mind that intuitively knows what comes next.
- Inhabit character and story throughout the body while creating fully realized environments out of thin air.
- Identify the basic information of the scene. Who are these characters, how do they know each other, where are they and why are they there?
Students that complete F2 are eligible to perform in the BATS Improv Gyms
At the end of Foundation 2, the coach will make a recommendation for each student about what the next step is best — repeating F2 to strengthen the improviser’s physical awareness or moving to F3: Character & Relationship.