Jobs & Auditions
Job Description: School and HR Administrator
Location: Part remote and partly in person at Fort Mason Center, San Francisco, CA
Employment Level: Part-time, hourly paid
Flexibility: Some flexibility in location and hours, work includes some nights and weekends.
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: $18-20 per hour based on 20-25 hours per week, no employer paid health benefits
The School Administrator is crucial to ensuring the success of the BATS school of Improv as they provide coaches and students with timely and accurate information, publicize classes, and maintain classroom spaces. Working closely with the Head of School, the Community Coordinator, and the Production Supervisor, the admin also helps shape the BATS Student experience by answering student inquiries, administering feedback systems, and supporting student performances and community events. In addition, the administrator provides support to HR in running payroll for all employees.
Diversity is a core value at BATS Improv. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment as we continue our journey to be anti-racist in an art form that is also historically white & male centered.
Benefits of working at BATS Improv:
- Flexible hours
- Paid time off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Mixture of in office & remote
- Creative environment
- 35 year reputation & experience
- Opportunity for growth of position as we recover from financial challenges of pandemic
- Work with a staff from diverse backgrounds & experiences constantly learning from each other
- Supporting the Head of School by arranging logistics and room rentals for all BATS School of Improv Classes
- Targeted communications to students and coaches about upcoming classes
- Monitoring class sales and providing sales data to support class scheduling
- First point of contact for all incoming customer service enquiries – respond or forward queries to the appropriate person, process sales and refunds and escalate complicated queries to Head of School
- Maintain BATS internal calendars (ensuring there are no double-bookings)
- Working with Digital Marketing Manager, post classes to Eventbrite and our website
- Work with Production Supervisor and Community Coordinator to coordinate Student performances and support community events
- Provide administrative HR support, onboarding new employees and entering timesheet data two times per month.
Some of the traits you bring to the job:
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated customer service experience in a public facing environment such as a school, live events, entertainment, tourism, or hospitality sector
- One year’s experience with digital data administration including data input and record keeping
- One year’s experience writing communications tailored for specific audiences
- Preferred: experience co-ordinating events/logistics
- Preferred, proficiency with GSuite or demonstrated ability to learn and use similar online platforms
You report to: Head of School and Managing Director
Partnering with you: Digital Marketing Manager, Community Coordinator, Production Supervisor, BATS Coaches
BATS Improv is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are dedicated to hiring employees who reflect the communities we serve, including women, people of colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and people living with disabilities. BATS Improv will provide accommodations in all aspects of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Volunteering is a great way to have fun, spend time with cool people, and see a free show!
BATS School of Improv holds auditions for class placement on a case-by-case basis for new students with previous, equivalent improv training. To inquire about a school audition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.