Cave Match is back!Longform
This September brings the return of – The Cave Match! Two teams battle it out for dominance on the BATS virtual stage with the match determined by audience vote. Each team is given 25 minutes to perform whatever improv format they want and the winner will go on to face a new challenger.
In general, you need performance experience (at least Performance 1) to be part of a Cave Match team. However, if you have taken Foundation 3 or are planning to take it soon, you can put your name on a list to be included on a team as a not-yet-performer. (Teams are encouraged to draw from this list to include a not-yet-BATS-performer on their team.) You would be included in rehearsals and get to see what it’s like to be part of a team. (You may or may not be included in the performance.) If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams, if you are open to adding a player from this pool, please email email@example.com before you apply and we’ll help match you up!
If you want to start a team, reach out to improv friends and people you have taken a class with and had fun playing with. If you need help finding people, or want some guidance with setting up your team, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Once you’ve got a team and an idea of what you want to perform, here’s a list of things to do to prepare to apply for a spot:
- Pick a team captain - this person will be responsible for submitting your team’s application and communicating with the Cave Match organizers.
- Pick a team name.
- Take a team photo or create a team graphic/logo.
- Figure out which dates your team can perform on (keep in mind that each performance must have a minimum of 4 players appearing).
- Write a short blurb/teaser about your team and your format - describing what your show will be about and why people should come watch it!
- Have the list of first & last names + email addresses of all your team members
- Figure out which of your team members will volunteer to host another Cave Match show and/or run Zoom tech for that show. (This must be someone who has Performance 1 or higher or equivalent experience.)
Each team member should be ready with a short bio (for show programs), a summary of their improv experience, and an optional headshot. The Team Captain will fill in their information when they complete the application form, other team members will be emailed a link to fill in their information. Good news - with our new system this information should now be saved for future applications!
Please review the official rules and guidelines before applying.
Applications for placement in the Cave Match are due by August 28, 2020