In-Person Weekend Intensive: Advanced Wheres/Actions
August 6 – 8
Fri – Sun, Aug. 6- Aug. 8
Bayfront Theater, San Francisco
Class Time/Dates: Fri. 6:00pm – 10pm PST; Sat. & Sun. 10:00am – 5:00pm PST
Prerequisites: None! All adults 18 and older welcome!
Class size: 16 students maximum
Class length: 4 – 8 hours per day (20 hours total instruction)
In this course, we’ll play and learn techniques which I’ve developed through 30 years of performing and teaching improvisational theatre. These techniques, used together, give you all the skills you need to create dynamic environments in any improv format.
In this class, we’ll learn:
- How to do space object (mime work).
- How to say things out loud about the places we’re at, so our fellow improvisers and the audience see them too!
- How to move through locations (riding horses, running, car chases, etc.).
- How to create an “unbroken chain of information” so that we can do even very complicated actions and still be clear.
- How to activate our “seeing” rather than our thinking, so that we can continuously notice our environments – the places where the scenes and stories are happening.
- How to SLOW DOWN, which makes everything possible.
- How to juggle what I call the “Big Ying Yang” of improv – that we must be ready to simultaneously lead and follow when we’re improvising!
~ BE ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE! DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!