In-Person: Foundation 2 Intensive with Laura Wachtel
Ft. Mason Center – BATS Annex and Bayfront Theatre
Class Time/Dates: Friday, Saturday Sunday // October 20, 6:00pm – 10:00pm PST | October 21 and 22, 10:00am – 5:00pm PST
Schedule: 3 sessions
Class length: 18 hours total
Class size: 16 students maximum
Prerequisite: None! Open to all adults 18 and over!
Foundation 2 moves further down the path to fully improvised scenes and stories by putting the mindsets from Foundation 1 into a scene structure while staying present physically in the moment and with your partner.
In F2 you will learn how to:
- Put the building blocks of improvised worlds together and learn the skills that will enable you to create in a relaxed state of play.
- Improvise from a grounded physical state that will be your touchstone when you don’t know what to say.
- See and respond to what is already present, allowing you access to the creative part of your mind that intuitively knows what comes next.
- Inhabit character and story throughout the body while creating fully realized environments out of thin air.
- Identify the basic information of the scene. Who are these characters, how do they know each other, where are they and why are they there?
Students that complete F2 are eligible to perform in the BATS Improv Gyms
At the end of Foundation 2, the coach will make a recommendation for each student about what the next step is best — repeating F2 to strengthen the improviser’s physical awareness or moving to F3: Character & Relationship.
*Attendance at all sessions is strongly encouraged because this intensive is only 3 days long.*