Improv @ Work
Successful leaders and companies have something in common with improvisers: We are adaptable, attentive risk-takers capable of responding in the moment. Our improv training will help you learn to be present to assess the situation, think on your feet, and respond more effectively.
Our workshops are highly interactive and customized to meet your needs.
TEAM-BUILDING & COLLABORATION
- Enhance team dynamics, building teamwork, rapport, and trust
- Increase trust and cooperation
- Practice active listening and shared control
- Explore “Yes, And…” as a respectful acknowledgment of other ideas and as a tool for creation
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Practice thinking on your feet
- Practice new approaches to facing ambiguous situations and the unknown
- Learn to fail faster, “fail forward” and build towards a growth mindset
FLEXIBILITY, FOCUS & RESILIENCE
- Learn to let go and see possibility in reality
- Maintain your focus even while under pressure
- Bounce back from any type of unpredictable outcome
- Express your ideas without self-judgment
- Learn new ways to listen, think expansively, and build on the ideas of others
- Engage in collaborative, creative problem solving
- Remove barriers in your thinking
- Learn storytelling frameworks and techniques to make the storytelling compelling
- Practice storytelling on your feet (incorporating emotion, body language, vocal training, use of anecdotes and metaphors)
- See how exploring genre may stimulate creativity and insight
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION
- Develop active listening skills
- Be present with your audience: colleagues, clients, customers
- Practice adaptive leadership (situational leadership or improvisational leadership)
- Learn how to show up with greater perceived authenticity and credibility
- Learn to lead in a way others want to follow
Typical Workshop Flow
You might be nervous about the thought of doing improv. That’s okay! Improv is a challenge, and there are lots of misconceptions out there too. We promise that no one will be put on the spot to be funny or interesting or clever. Everyone might be nudged a bit beyond their comfort zone, but we always strive to make that a very supported journey.
We’d love to help your organization build these skills while having fun!
CONTACT US TO BOOK THE TALENT OF THE BATS IMPROV @ WORK TEAM. We want to collaborate with you to ensure a successful training! email@example.com