Jobs & Auditions
Job Description: Production Supervisor
Location: Part remote and partly (minimum 10 hours per week) at Fort Mason Center, San Francisco, CA
Employment Level: Part-time, hourly paid
Flexibility: Some flexibility in location and hours, work includes some nights and weekends.
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: $18-20 per hour based on experience
Part-time: 15 hours per week, no employer paid health benefits
The Production Supervisor is a vital part of the BATS staff team that provides the glue that brings BATS shows ( in-person and virtual), on-site corporate training, classes and rentals together to ensure staffing, production and venue needs are met and the events run smoothly. The Production Supervisor works closely with the staff team, especially the Artistic Director and the Digital Marketing Manager, to staff and communicate shows and ticketing, while also managing a small team of technical and front of house staff including stage management, musicians, box office, front of house, concessions and show volunteers. In addition, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Bayfront Theater, BATS’ Improv’s 200-seat theater home at Fort Mason Center for Arts and Culture.
Diversity is a core value at BATS Improv. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment as we continue our journey to be anti-racist in an art form that is also historically white & male centered.
Benefits of working at BATS Improv:
- Flexible hours
- Paid time off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Mixture of in office & remote
- Creative environment
- 35 year reputation & experience
- Opportunity for growth of position as we recover from financial challenges of pandemic
- Work with a staff from diverse backgrounds & experiences constantly learning from each other
Some of the traits you bring to the job:
- You can manage a dispersed team of part-time technical and front of house staff including stage management, musicians, box office and front of house and volunteers
- You have at least 2 years or demonstrated equivalent experience in events, stage management, or logistics/operations, for example:
- Stage or box office management at a live events venue
- Conference coordination
- Site management
- Staff and / or Volunteer Coordinator
- Experience with AV sound and light equipment a plus
- Working with the Artistic Director, manage production, staffing and logistics for our shows, training and rental events
- Working with the Digital Marketing Manager, ensure upcoming BATS Company shows and other events are published on the BATS website and ticketing software
- Routine venue management – maintain venue in good working order
- Manage vendor relationships with concessions providers and cleaning service
- Maintain BATS internal calendars (ensuring there are no double-bookings)
- Review and reconcile show reports – including audience and financial data
You report to: Managing Director and Artistic Director
Reporting to you: Box Office Manager, Stage Manager, Volunteers,
Partnering with you: Digital Marketing Manager, Community Coordinator
Other internal supports:
- Head of School
- Director of Corporate Improv
- Sales Associate, Corporate Improv
BATS Improv is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are dedicated to hiring employees who reflect the communities we serve, including women, people of colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and people living with disabilities. BATS Improv will provide accommodations in all aspects of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Volunteering is a great way to have fun, spend time with cool people, and see a free show!
BATS School of Improv holds auditions for class placement on a case-by-case basis for new students with previous, equivalent improv training. To inquire about a school audition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.